188BET is a popular bookmaker since 2006. It offers sports betting, poker, casino, and lottery. While it has its roots in Asian markets, it does have welcome and other special bonuses for European players. It is licensed under Annatar Limited, which is regulated by the Isle of Man Gambling Supervision Commission. However, for the United Kingdom customers, 188BET is licensed and regulated under the UK Gambling Commission.
With the Isle of Man and the UK Gambling Commission, 188BET is proven to provide transactions in a site that’s not open to fraudulent activities and where losing and winning wagers are honored fully. This bookmaker offers great odds and limits on Asian handicaps. Each month, they offer up to 3.000 live bets.
188BET’s team of experienced professionals are focused in giving the best online entertainment experience. And you can see that they try hard. Their main focus is sports betting, with football as the biggest market.
However, punters will also be happy with their keno, casino, and poker.
Through the years, 188BET has been a part of several sponsorship deals that have raised their brand awareness. These deals include the the 2009-2010 Premier football club Bolton Wanderers and the 2009-2011 Wigan Athletic. They’ve also extended sponsorship programs to different teams including Liverpool, Manchester City, Chelsea, Everton, and Aston Villa.
The website is available in Indonesian, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Korean, Khmer, Vietnamese, and English. Their betting accounts are open for dollar, euro, pound, and popular Asian currencies like SGD, RMB, HKD, and MYR.
Though still heavily focused on Asia, 188BET is making their name in Europe and South America. Players can deposit using different methods and bet on many markets including football and other sports, casino, poker, etc.
How to register at 188bet
You are allowed to register only one account with 188BET. To register, follow the steps below:
- Step 1: Go to www.188bet.co.uk. At the upper right hand of the screen, you’ll see the Sign Up button. Click that button.
- Step 2: You will be provided with a form. Fill up the form with your basic information, including your name, nationality, place of birth, and date of birth. If you are under the legal age, then you will not be able to register.
- Step 3: Provide your contact information including your complete address, e-mail add, and mobile number. If you own more than one contact number, then you can give all of them. Click Next.
- Step 4: Create your own username and password. In creating a password, make sure that you choose a combination of letters, numbers, and symbols. You also have to choose a security question and answer it. This measure is taken to make sure that your account stays most secured.
- Step 5: Now that you’ve created an account, you can make your first deposit and start betting.
How to activate our account
Once you’ve made your first deposit, you account is already activated. However, your account can be closed down if there are no transactions within 6 months since your last login date. In this case, you need to reactivate your account.
To do so, you need to contact 188BET customer support and provide your username, security code, and reason for reactivating. You can also fill up a request form, which will be given by the customer support, and send it via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your account remains dormant for more than 18 months, 188BET reserves the right to donate your remaining balance to the charity.
How to verify our account before any withdrawal
In an effort to satisfy requirements from the regulatory board, 188BET needs to verify your identity. Their customer service team will send you an email asking for a list of documents. Submit all the documents asked from you. Then, the team will review your documents. You just have to wait for another email confirming your verified account. If you have any questions, don’t be afraid to contact customer support.
What to do if we lost our password
If you can’t login to your account using your password, check the security code again. You might have mistyped a letter or symbol. If the problem persists or if you’ve forgotten your password, you can do one of the following:
- Click the “forgot username or password?” link just below the login field. Once you’ve clicked it, give your e-mail address, select your security question, the answer to your security question, and submit them.
- You can contact the customer service team to assist you with changing your password.
188BET will then send a message to your registered e-mail add and give you a temporary password. Use that temporary password to login to your account. You can change the password afterwards.
Website review – Design and Layouts
The website, which is designed by Francisco, a senior graphic designer, has been ranked 20th among 73 bookmakers with good web layout and design in a recent survey. Francisco says that he has employed a new image treatment, which is popular across digital communication brands, and has focused in capturing gaming moments.
The colors used in the site are dark orange and black, which surprisingly work well together. Clean and organized, it’s easy to see why 188BET has gained good reputation for their web layout. The tabs are positioned cleverly. Ads sit cleanly at the bottom left of the page, so they don’t confuse players. You’ll be able to navigate the menu system without any problem.
It would be good to see more features in the site. However, considering that they are going for a clean look, what they have going as of now is good enough. The biggest concern among customers for the site is that maintenance mode comes often. This mode limits what gamers can access. Understandably, maintenance mode is a sign that developers are still working towards improving the site.
188BET bookie is not famous for nothing. They have a lot of good features and offers. Some of them is their sports betting markets and odds. All of the sport markets that they offer is comprehensive, so you have more freedom in betting. Their odds are more competitive compared to most online bookmakers.
The downside of 188BET sports bettings is that they don’t focus on more obscure sports. If you’re into them, you might find a lot of other bookmakers better than 188BET.
Available betting markets
Though 188BET does not offer the most number of sports, it still offers a good variety. They have MMA, boxing, baseball, tennis, ice hockey, American football, tennis, basketball, darts, cricket, motor racing, handball, golf, rugby league, volleyball, pool, snooker, and most importantly, football.
All of the sports market mentioned have their own section in the website, which shows that 188BET can offer enough variety for bettors. Football, which includes the most number of leagues locally and internationally, is the most popular market. It has access to the biggest events, may it be in Los Angeles, Lisbon, or London.
Are the odds higher?
188BET has one of the largest limits among online bookmakers. The maximum stake is about 35.000 euros for every one bet. The daily winning limit is around 450.000 euros per customer. The betting odds in an even match is 1.93-1.93. In the bigger leagues, it’s 1.98-1.98. In industry standards, this is great quality odds as they give you a higher chance to process your bonuses and have more successful bonus times.
The odds format for this bookmaker comes in different styles: EU, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Hong Kong odds. They also have a good system of updating their in-play odds. This said, 188BET is surely one of the top bookmakers when it comes to betting odds.
FREE BET BONUS: bet £10 and get up to £20
Bet £10 on a sport of your choice or in the racing market (Horse Racing or Greyhounds), and get up to £20, which you can use on any Horse Racing or Greyhound markets. This is open to new mobile customers only. The free bet amount can only be used in the site and can’t be withdrawn. All the winnings that you get with the free bet can be withdrawn as long as you follow the rollover and minimum odd requirement.
To qualify for this free bet, you must have the following:
- You must be a new member registered from the mobile version of 188Bet in Ireland or the UK.
- You have registered a betting account, made your first deposit, and placed your first bet of at least £10.
- You’ve placed your first bet on any Horse Racing/Greyhound event.
- The bet you’ve placed has an odd of at least 2.00.
- Only bets on singles are allowed.
- You will receive a Free bet up to £20, which is separated on 4 bets x £5 Free stakes.
In using the free bet, here are the things you must remember:
- You have 30 days to use the free bet before it expires.
- If you make a deposit using Skrill or Neteller, you will not be eligible for the promo.
- The maximum value of the bet is only £20.
- Each person is allowed only one time redemption.
- You can’t use the promo with other promos.
In-Play (Live betting)
188BET does offer customers the chance to bet in-play games. Their in-play menu is comprehensive and includes all major odds of different games. If you want to access specific odds, you need to click the actual game. Odds for the in-play are constantly updated. You can see the stats in the site, too. The game time, cards, score, and action areas are given in the in-play section, which is a great advantage. There are some bookmakers that don’t do this.
If you want to access the in-play tab, click the Sports menu, then under it, you’ll see the in-play tab. Click it and you’ll see the preview of all current in-play matches. The in-play betting suite runs smoothly. The live scores are displayed well. And there are a lot of markets to bet on. In other words, it’s hard not to love this feature.
Is there Live Stream option at 188BET?
One thing that’s lacking from 188BET in-play is their live streaming option. If you want to watch the match live, you should check other bookmakers. The live streaming is not available for UK members, but there is such a service for customers from other countries. They can watch Live TV at 188bet. The available sports include football, basketball and tennis. Only members from Brazil, China, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and Japan can avail from this option.
Once you have placed you bet, you can no longer cancel, revoke, or change it. In other words, 188BET does not offer cash-out option for their players. Considering that this bookmaker offers great odds, it’s hard to say whether the lack of cash-out option can be considered a disadvantage.
One of the top online gambling companies, 188BET does not disappoint when it comes to their casino. Their casino is powered by Microgaming Quickfire, one of the most reliable software platform that makes use of the latest technologies and delivers high-quality games.
It’s clear that 188BET understands the need of the customers to keep their account safe. They take the time to encrypt their lines using SSL.
188BET casino is also known for its fairness. They have years of extensive data that shows how games are based on genuine random number generator. It comes with a TST seal, which proves the casino’s trustworthiness.
Casino bonus: 100% Deposit Bonus up to £50
188BET casino offers 100% deposit bonus which could amount up to £50. Every qualifying deposit is subject to a 30x rollover requirement. To claim the promo, you only have to click on the JOIN NOW button, which you can find upon login. You don’t have to use a promo code for that offer.
Here are the terms and conditions for the promotion:
- The deposit bonus will be awarded upon an eligible member’s first deposit.
- The promotion is only available to those living in the UK.
- The bonus will be credited to your account 48 hours after you receive an e-mail confirming your deposit.
- Each customer can only avail one bonus.
- The maximum deposit bonus is only £50.
- Players only have 7 days to use the bonus and fulfil the bonus requirements before it expires.
- Deposits made by Skrill, Neteller, Entropay, and prepaid card are not included in the promo.
- You can’t withdraw the deposit bonus, before wager the amount.
Along with the casino’s virtual games, Microgaming QuickFire platform also comes with live games. Their live casino allows players to enjoy actual table games, managed by live dealers. Live games include blackjack, baccarat, roulette, Dragon Bonus Baccarat, and more. With the use of high-technology, the live casino game’s screen quality and loading time is not bad.
188BET brings an Oriental flavor to their poker games. The most popular poker game in the platform is the Blaze Poker. There’s also the Set-up at 188. Both allows quick gaming sessions, which is good for those who don’t want to waste time. They also have poker games where you can play anonymously.
While Poker in 188BET is pretty decent, it’s clear to see that this is just secondary to them. You can rarely see ads for poker and they don’t provide daily or weekly news about it. The site also lacks a wide range of gaming activities. For poker lovers, they will find 188BET sadly lacking.
188BET UK offers five payment options. You can use these options through your mobile or PC.
- Skrill: You can deposit 10 to 50,000. There is no fee. The processing time is instant.
- Visa: You can deposit 10 to 20,000. There is no fee. The processing time is instant.
- Direct Bank: You can deposit 50 to 2,000. There is no fee. The processing time lasts one to five days.
- Neteller: You can deposit 10 to 30,000. There is no fee. The processing time is instant.
- Skrill: You can deposit 10 to 50,000. There is no fee. The processing time is instant.
If you are from Jersey, Guernsey, Gibraltar, you can’t make a deposit through Direct Bank.
To withdraw you wins, you have five options. You can use these options through your mobile or PC.
- Skrill: You can withdraw 1 to 50,000. There is no charge. The processing time is only 2 hours.
- Visa: You can withdraw 5 to 20,000. There is no charge. The processing time is 1 to 3 working days.
- Bank Transfer: You can withdraw 100 to 250,000. There is no charge. The processing time is 1 to 3 working days.
- Cheque: You can withdraw 10 to 20,000. You have to pay 20euro per cheque. The processing time is 5 to 30 working days.
- Net+: You can withdraw 1 to 30,000. There is no charge. The processing time is only 2 hours.
If you are from Guernsey and Gibraltar, you can’t withdraw your money through EntroPay as well. EntroPay allows you to withdraw 50 to 2,500. There is no charge. The processing time is 1 to 3 working days.
188BET can be accessed in your smartphone. You can either bet through 188BET Mobile by going to m.188BET.co.uk or use their existing WAP site: wap.188bet.co.uk. Both can be accessed through different kinds of smartphone.
188BET mobile is a great way to place bets even if you are out of the country. Their mobile interface is easy to use and doesn’t impede the speed of placing bets. It’s safe to say that 188BET does not disappoint in terms of their mobile design structure.
188BET offers organizations and individual the chance to join their Affiliate Program. To enroll in the program, you need to sign up in 188BET first. If you need assistance, you can call their customer support. Then, you must submit a complete Affiliate program application. 188BET will evaluate your application and notify you if you are eligible for the program.
If you are accepted in the program, you will have the following benefits:
- 188BET pays their affiliates monthly for the revenue share. Those with 0-9,999.99 euro revenue have 25% share. Those with 10,000-49,999.99 euro revenue have 30% share. Those with over 50,000 euro revenue have 40% share.
- Affiliates can also get commission fee following the revenue share model.
- You can also get a share from 188BET’s net winnings or gross profits made from customers’ losses.
Then, go to this site: http://affiliates.188bet.com/login.asp and login.
The customer support of 188BET is open 24/7. Their agents can speak multiple languages. You can talk to them through live chat, fax, e-mail, or skype conversation. They reply efficiently, instantly, and in a friendly tone. Customers find little problem with communicating with the customer support.
If you don’t like calling the customer support, then you will find the comprehensive FAQ page of 188BET very helpful: https://www.188bet.co.uk/en-gb/faqs. It addresses almost every concern of common players. In using the FAQ page, you might want to scroll down as the Search Bar is not working properly.
For live chat, go here.
Here are the contact information of the customer support team of 188BET:
- Telephone number: +852 5808 3608 (Asian Region); +44 20 3608 4015 (European Region)
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Address: Ground Floor, St George’s Court,Upper Church Street, Douglas, Isle of Man IM1 1EE
188Bet’s head office – where is it?
The company’s head office is located at the following address: Ground Floor, St George’s Court, Upper Church Street, Douglas, Isle of Man, IM1 1EE. You can also see the location through our Google Maps link.
Final Verdict and Rating
188BET is a strong bookmaker which deserves 8/10 rating. For their sportsbook, they offer good bonuses, odds, and markets. Thus, they can offer varied experiences.However, their casino and poker may fall behind their sportsbook. They are lacking in terms of games and promos. In terms of security, 188BET is very reliable. The interface of 188BET, both for the desktop and mobile version, is great.
Over all, 188BET is a competitive bookmaker and can be placed very well among the biggest online gaming sites. With an Oriental touch, they offer an edge, too.